ADSENSE Link Ads 200 x 90
ADSENSE 336 x 280
Maintaining a stable salinity is one of the most important aspects of reef tank husbandry. Gone are the days when the serious hobbyist relied on Hydrometers to keep tabs on this crucial parameter. Simply put, the unit will self-adjust all samples to the proper reading temperature, increasing the ease of use. Additionally, the insulated, non-slip rubber grip will keep external sources of heat, such as hand warmth, from interfering with an accurate sample reading. Robust Construction VertexTM Refractometers have an all-metal body housing for added durability. A large rubber hood both provides additional protection to the eyepiece and prevents foreign light from entering the unit body. Easy to Use It takes less than a minute to use the VertexTM Refractometer. Simply place a few drops of water on the refracting lens and look through the eyepiece and take note of the boundary between blue and white. That's it! You now have an accurate measurement of your tank's salinity. Value Protect your investment. Here some example salinity refractometer you can see:
- Clear View oversized, easy to read display.
- Automatic Temperature Calibration (ATC).
- Affordable and more accurate than a hydrometer.
- Total length 7"
- Gradient scale (±1.0% salinity and ±0.001 specific gravity
Retail Salinity refractometer RHSN-10ATC
- Measuring Ranges: 0-100 ppt of NaCl and 1.000 to 1.070 Specific Gravity (0-10%)
- Divisions: 1 ppt / 0.001 Specific Gravity
- Accuracy: ±1 ppt / 0.001 Specific Gravity (±0.10%)
- Included:Pipette + 10pcs pipettes more for FREE * Operations manual * Mini-screw driver
- with an additional features of BUILT-IN CALIBRATION KNOB
PINPOINT® Salinity Monitor will accurately and immediately measure the amount of salt in any marine or freshwater system. The reading is fully temperature compensated, which is difficult or impossible with nearly any commercial hydrometer. The conversion chart will precisely show the corresponding density (specific gravity) or % salt (refractometer) values. This monitor is especially useful to determine the low level of salt required for Koi, whether in an aquarium or outdoor pond. 9-volt battery not included.